Parenting part 2

After spending some time with the kids for about three weeks, I learned the basic things about parenting. It's not something that one could be an expert in within few days. I made mistake here and there and it was frustrating sometimes when kids started to treat us improperly. Of course, we can never blame them. When they did something wrong, everything reflected back at us. I also noticed how kids really imitate their parents and adults surround them; and that's why we cannot criticize their wrong or 'out-of-place' behavior. We should think first, 'Where did I go wrong?'. Negative influence from their friends can be another factor as well. I'm very sorry to say this, but negative influence from the TV also leads the little ones to absorb bad things. 

Alhamdulillah, our kids are growing up very well. They are very smart, healthy, and cheerful. I really love listening to their spontaneous lines that made me laugh every now and then. I like to see how they get ready to school and say goodbye before they leave the house. I always get mad at them every late afternoon for the chaos at home. I get grumpy when I need to pick up their messy toys and color pencils. I really enjoy coloring Adni's coloring book and having fight with Adam and Adni is always fun. Shower with Mukhriz is always very challenging, not to mention how hard it is to put on his diapers :D Oh, one more thing. I don't like this feeling that much, you know, when they did mistake, you feel very upset and start raising your voice, they start crying, and then, you feel really bad. I don't like that. 

I think parenting is really hard, but if you do it because of Allah and for His blessings, I'm pretty sure Allah will help us along the way. When I was preparing Mukhriz's milk this morning, I said Bismillah and realized how everything matters for this little boy. If we do everything with Allah's blessing, insyaAllah he will grow up to be an excellent Muslim. I was pretty sad thinking how I could not fast and read Quran as much as I used to, but realizing that taking care of the kids is also an ibadah, I was very thrilled! These days, I'll try my best to help mom and sisters for this is also an ibadah and may Allah bless our effort in searching for His love! 

Fighting!

Comments

Popular Posts