Hijrah

Salam maal hijrah, what kind of better year I want to work for?
1)      A better blog with more updates J
2)      A more productive daily working schedule
3)      A more useful me for myself, family, company, ummah
It has been 5 months I’m in Malaysia. This year includes a transition from a student to a baby geophysicist. To list down the things I’ve learnt, it will be too much (or too little), I think. Even so, they are good enough for few baby steps. 5 months, and already, I’m looking forward for a change in my single-celled life. I’m a bit sick of the expectation of surroundings and tired of ‘hoping for a better tomorrow’. Hoping gives you hope but it won’t change anything if I just sit still. Always wanting something more, can’t get enough of something, that’s so me.
Then, I realized that life is continuous. I will keep running until the last breath, even death is not a full stop. Mathematically, death is just another Fourier transform function that changes the dimension (domain) of life. Dunia to akhirat, and unfortunately, only forward model works here. I was reading Quran the other day, to find some inner strength and peace.
18. Barang siapa menghendaki kehidupan sekarang (duniawi), maka Kami segerakan baginya di dunia ini apa yang Kami kehendaki bagi orang yang kami kehendaki. Kemudian, Kami sediakan baginya (di akhirat) neraka Jahannam, dia akan memasukkannya dalam keadaan cela dan terusir.
19. Dan barang siapa menghendaki kehidupan akhirat dan berusaha ke arah itu dengan sungguh sungguh, sedangkan dia beriman, maka mereka itulah orang yang usahanya dibalas dengan baik.
(Surah al-Isra’)
I always said before, life (dunia) is just a soccer game. We play hard and aim for the score, and insyaAllah, we will obtain Jannah. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, I forgot the rules. I forgot the goal. At one moment, the referee gave a yellow card to me and I had no choice but to stay outside the field for a while. While being outside, I thought a lot about my mistake and I slowly gained strength to play again.
Here I am, writing about the fall I had been through few weeks ago. Being too absorbed in life and I felt life was just another routine. That was when I started to lose myself and feel so powerless. The sunrise brings so much energy and potential with it and too bad if I don’t fully appreciate it. This life is my journey to Jannah and I need to make use of every opportunity to gain His blessing. If I only work to get rich, I will be missing the sweetness of Iman.
Inna solati, wa nusuki, wa mahyaya, wa mamati, Lillahi Ta’ala.
Husna, keep doing your best and don’t fool yourself by trying to satisfy everyone. Take care of your relationship with Allah, and He will take care of the rest, insyaAllah.
P/S: Quote from Solusi, cita cita paling tinggi adalah mati di jalan Allah. Let’s wish for husnul khatimah.

Comments

Popular Posts