What's up with married life?


Post of April. (This was written during my short trip to Kuantan, then I just malas to continue writing. So, I will try to have two posts in May) 

Among the topics I want to write this year is this: marriage life. It sounds a bit cliché, but why not? I’m not going to be cheesy and all romantic by saying that being married is the best feeling in life, its like you’re on top of the world, flying without wings… those are just too much, really. Being in love could be those but being married means being realistic. Being in the present and managing risks, forecasting future performance and handling unexpected detours. It’s an investment.

What I like about being married?
  • Knowing someone will have your back when things are rough
  • Realizing you will grow old with the same person
  • Crafting life, tailored to your liking (without having to worry about your parents much?)

That’s my take. Of course things will change along the way.. having to sacrifice a bit or a lot here and there. Me and Fitri are still new at this, we’re still learning and what I like the most about our relationship is we love discussing on our relationship. We will randomly speak about how we met, how things change after that, etc. I think it’s important to look back and reflect on our journey. It’s like doing some health check for our marriage.

I want to list down what I’ve learned so far since last September.

1) Priority, prioritize. Both Fitri and I are the most important elements in our relationship, hence, we are the priority.
2) We share families. My Emak is his emak, same goes to his Ummi and Ayah. 
3) Be open for discussion. I tend to keep my feeling to myself sometimes, and I realize it's not healthy. I got offended easily and once I vent out the built up, I feel connected again to Fitri.
4) Anger management is legit. Try it and work it out. And it's healthy. 
5) Partners are reflection of each other. I realized the other day, when I was mad at Fitri because of the things I used to do also. Slowly, we share similar habit and attitude. 

That's all for now. Will continue later :) 

Comments

Popular Posts