words, you're so beautiful

"Getting a degree in geography is my goal", she said that.

She's my 50 year old classmate, and we happened to talk to each other while waiting for our Geomorphology class. We were in the same class last semester as well, and I did talk to her couple of times but that was it.

Today, I had the courage to ask her why she decided to come back to school, and she told me how everything began. She knew all along that this degree won't get her any job, but she wanted to do it as a goal. She said that it's alright even though she once dreamed of getting good job, a better life; but, she had done a great and amazing job by being a mom to her two wonderful children. Wow.

I told her about abah, and how he went back to school at the age of 49.  I mentioned also that he passed away two years ago. She was impressed with how strong I was to face everything while being away from family. I replied, "I'm pretty sure that my dad wanted me to move on without giving up school". Proudly, I said, "He was a great dad, and I am so very proud of him. I know that he had a beautiful life, and never once he regretted his decisions". (Abah, do you know that we miss you? I wonder if you could read this, haha. Can't wait to see you soon! )

(iaitu) surga surga Adn, mereka masuk ke dalamnya bersama dengan orang yang soleh dari nenek moyangnya, pasangan-pasangannya, dan anak cucunya, sedang para malaikat masuk ke tempat tempat mereka dari semua pintu (13:23) 

I was glad that I talked to her. It seems amazing how words could make you smile & change your day. Thank you Allah.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts