Change

June 3, 14 days left before leaving Tucson. Of course, I'm going to miss this place that changed me in thousand different ways. I told Wani last night, Tucson has soul that nurtures the occupants and teach them how to simply live life. We don't just live here, you know. It's not the matter of using 'Tucson' as the city on our address, or deciding to come here because of the good program. It's beyond that, trust me.

We are continuously learning and being taught by the spirit of the people here. At the same time, we try our best to preserve the beauty of this symbiosis that exists for hundreds of years. Amazing how most people that visit/stay here love Tucson and feel that they belong to this aura. I am personally grateful for destiny has brought me here. 4 years ago, I planned to go to London, but I guess God has a better adventure for me, and He sent me here.

We have our own stories, we've been through countless number of adventures, and at the end of the day, we're thankful for the infinite times that we survive every single time. This kind of adrenaline rush always pushes me forward and I believe that I found this recipe here in Tucson. I am surrounded by people who motivate me to always try harder and give my best in everything that I do. People call me 'competitive' but I suppose that being competitive is my method of survival, and I'm doing this for myself. I don't compete to be the best among people, I try my best for my own satisfaction.

On the other hand, I met people who helped me redefine and rediscover myself in the most subtle way. My personality could be very harsh at times (due to my competitiveness), but working with different people taught me how to humble myself. Throughout four years, the friendships that I've built here simply taught me that enjoying life is the simplest thing to do. I do enjoy life now in every possible way that God allows me to and I enjoy it more than anything else. I'm just thankful that He gives me this chance over and over again despite some 'hiccups' and Alhamdulillah, I'm very content with my life now.

I think I'm ready to leave Tucson and ready to move on with the next phase of life. I'm nervous but I know that the route will lead me to a more exciting adventure. In order to keep growing and learning, I have to leave this place that almost spoiled me these days. So, adios Tucson. I have a feeling that I will visit you in the future, so don't miss me! 


Comments

Popular Posts