April bloom

Alhamdulillah, finally able to write the first post for 2014 after a long break.

I just got back from Japan, weee! I don't feel like writing about it yet but I have to do that soon before I forgot about everything. Anyway, today I went to this one forum in which the big guys from EP talked about their experience and advice. After the one year training, I found that since March, I've been occupied with so many things. Work related of course, be it technical or non technical. Alhamdulillah, they taught me about time management (which I'm still weak at still) and the importance of commitment.

Among the important take away keys I would like to share are
1) Have a sense of purpose (in everything that you do). Focus. Don't get easily distracted.
2) Step up. Find ways to solve a task. Don't let the situation manage you, you manage the situation. Don't blame other people. Take responsibility.
3) Do things that add value. If it's value-less, stop!
4) Make sure that what they (next generation) get is better that what we inherited.
5) Where's the outcome. Be able to point out, "I've done this. I've done that"
6) Make sure you're able to DELIVER. If don't know, ASK.
7) Work in team. Don't be a loner.
8) Time is never on our side. Step up.
9) The most important thing is EXECUTION. It matters the most.
10) Be optimistic.

And this one is my favorite: 'Be BOLD. Step up. Take the risk. It's not going to be perfect. We will learn along the way.'

It has been only 2 months but I have to quickly grab the essence of the nature of this job. I have to understand what am I doing in this office in front of the computer. I must identify how can I contribute to my company. I also learnt a new concept of professionalism today, in which we need to love what we're doing and our job will love us too.

Alhamdulillah again. Thank you Allah for this opportunity to continue taking up challenges to learn about myself and to mature myself. Thank you for giving me to identifying my own weaknesses but at the same time, making me realize the inner strength I have all along.

I hope you'll read this post again husna. Whenever you feel down or lost. Always find the inner self. She must have known the solution even before you know it.

Dear Lord, make us strong, for the path is still long for me, my family and loved ones. 

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts