Change

I was getting rid of certain something in my life, something that's not very healthy and quite unnecessary. I mean, I'm pretty sure there's something that we always want to give up in life, smoking, snoring, farting in public (?), swearing, those fats and muffins, toxic people and many more. So, today I want to write about change.

When you first drop the habit, it will be natural (very natural) to feel uncomfortable. Like something's missing, exactly. Your daily routine will be different than usual. You probably notice that you have more time to do something else. And this could be because you just don't know what to do, or you might purposely do something because you want to forget the things you want to give up. Replacing the old habit. Either way, it's totally fine.

Now, the tricky part is whether or not you are capable of finding something healthier to fill up the old spot. Sometimes, we are succumb to a more negative lifestyle. For example, when you try to quit smoking, sometimes people opt to eat more. Well, excessive eating will obviously lead you to somewhere else. Or sometimes, to occupy our mind with fresher things, we kinda did binge watching. That's so unfair with Youtube. Like you can start with a motivational talk/video, and then you switch to some old songs, and you turn into korean drama and you end up watching some movies. Eww, so unhealthy! And NON PRODUCTIVE. (Sound like someone went through that, don't you think?)

Anyway, after a while, when you finally get your sense back (it could be days, weeks, months and even years), you will slowly drop those bad habits. It's always a battle, really and as usual, you need to find the balance between these: self discipline, self torture and self 'spoiling'. Even with our faith, there's always ups and downs. It's okay to be at the bottom sometimes, it means that we're human, we're fragile and we break down once in a while. However, that doesn't mean that we can allow ourselves to be that way forever.

The good thing about being down is we can always go UP again! There are times that I literally have to pick myself up, which is quite hard honestly, but at the end of the day, we need to get up and start over. I now struggle to get my thesis done; it has been quite challenging but I'm totally into it, like I have so much fun going to the lab these days (ehem). I also want to get healthier, so I try to walk more, jog more, eat OATS (I still cannot give up sausage, nuggets and instant noodles though), sleep & wake up early, and read more too. I want to be more consistent in reading Quran and do more solat sunat.

I think in general, life will give you a lot of opportunities to change, whether we realize it or not, and it always depends on us if we want to use that as a step up or step down. Life is never easy, and that's how we grow. Older and wiser. Well, like people always say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. InsyaAllah, we will survive these hiccups and together, they are all good experiences to teach us to better ourselves.

Amin. Love,

Husna

Comments

Popular Posts