the hard way

I was working on one project and suddenly, the software crashed and I lost my project. And I didn't have my back up. A very sad story. I worked on it for 2/3 days and in a blink, I lost everything.Yes, I was very down and panicked. Waited for the support people to come and solve the problem, but unfortunately, the project was heavily corrupted and there's no way to recover it. :(

Keep calm and think, Husna. "I'll just re-load all the data". Luckily, I was at the very early stage of the project and it didn't hurt too badly at this point.

So, what have I learned from this incident?

1) Back-up. Always have a plan B. If one doesn't work, at least, we have options.
2) I finished reloading the data that I spent 2/3 days in 6 hours. I stayed back at the office and did it in almost one go. We can be very efficient when we have deadlines and when people expect from us. We can be very efficient without disturbance, and noise. We can save time when we're rushing. Time is cost, time is money.
3) While reloading the data, I asked myself, Why did this thing happen? Maybe, somewhere along the way, I forgot my pure intention of working. Why did I come to work? Why am I doing this project? I forgot the very reason why I was there, doing all the work. So, I need to make sure that my 'niat' is clean and halal from bad influence of syaitan. I work because of Allah. Bear that in mind Husna.

I think the ultimate hikmah is Allah is always talking to me and hopefully, this incident reminds me that Allah is always watching. Even though I always learn things the hard way, but I'm very glad that He is right here next to me and this small hiccups bring me back to Him. InsyaAllah.

Okay, that's all for today. Very important lesson. Love.

Comments

Popular Posts