traveling and blessing

http://www.adventureinyou.com/why-i-decided-to-travel-the-world-in-my-20s/

I really like the article above, where he 'justifies' why he needs to go traveling at young age. But what I love about his article is that he mentions how traveling is not for everyone. I've been blessed with the opportunity to travel with my parents at a very young age. Abah loves road tripping and I remember being on the road few times a year going north and south, visiting places. We had different kind of traveling back then but I enjoyed it. It's amazing how I still remember some of our trips in Malaysia, and Indonesia, our favorite place!

And, when I was in the US, I was always away from Tucson every break, visiting my friends all over the States. My family came over and we went experiencing different things together. Like what the author wrote in the article, you are able to remember everything during traveling 'coz it's worth remembering. It's memorable. I had the chance to talk to my sister's father in law last week, and he showed me the map of US and asked about Tucson and other places that I've been to. And to my surprise, I can recall almost all places that I went before and it was beautiful. The memory.

Now, back to what the author mentioned, travel is not everyone. He specifically wrote that we need to pursue what we love the most. To live life to the fullest. For the author, it's traveling. As I grow older, I realize that traveling is good, however, when I was in the States, honestly, the trips that I cherished the most were the ones with my family. Since then, I realize that being with people that matter to me is the most important thing in life. Being with them or doing things for them. After graduation, traveling becomes secondary. Being away for so many years (years in hostel + college + uni) teach me that family is all I have when I have nothing.

So, these days, I become afraid when the idea of traveling is being over-emphasized or over-valued. Yes, traveling gives you a lot of different experience and traveling teaches you so much things that you cannot grasp in the normal daily routine. But, it is also important to appreciate the things around us and learn the value of life through these little, ordinary things. So, please balance out these two aspects of life. Being surrounded by the routines and being surrounded by the non boring adventures. Both are equally vital in shaping our path, and that's what more important. To be a better person each and every day. So, don't just judge people by their ability to travel. I still travel these days, but from time to time, I wish I can see the world with my emak and family, no matter how near the destination is. Just to make them happy, and that's how I define my happiness. And that's how I feel blessed.

Now that I'm more comfortable and confident driving, I wish to take my mom to more places to make her happy. If you are wondering why I make a big fuss about making her happy, let me tell you the reason. My mom is my door to Jannah. I dont have a husband, so while emak is around, I want to make everything counts. It's not a big deal for everyone, but it matters a lot to me since abah passed away 6 years ago. Everyone has their own story/reason, so that's why it is good to not judge a book by its cover. Thanks for reading this, and dear Husna, live fully and happily.

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts