Too attached to Tucson people

I cannot find the right expressions/words to describe 'attachment'. For me, I have no direct translation or even an exact definition for it. You know how people equate love to wind, you can't see it, but you can surely feel it. Today, I want to share how scary attachment is.

Last week, my boss went to China. So, while working on the computer, I watched my boss packing his stuffs in the office. I work with him for less than a year, but I felt sad thinking how I could not talk to him every morning for 2 weeks. And I blamed 'attachment' for that.

Kadang kadang, I'll be the last person to wake up. Not because I'm the lazy bum in this house, but I am the last person to go to bed, most of the time. So, usually around 6.30 am, I will hear Wani and Liza laughing. The grumpy side of me will be like, Hishhh..Tak boleh senyap ke, but after few seconds, I'll smile. Because of 'the' attachment, I adore these two girls. Then, I will pray and join them breaking the morning's silence of Tucson.

(Sometimes, I got home early and found my two favorite girlfriends were not home yet. And I really hate that.)

So, this morning I walked with Wani to school. She's leaving for this Spring Break program in New Mexico. Realizing I won't have someone to nag at, I felt a bit sad, but it's okay, she'll have a good time there :) After that, I went to my favorite place in Tucson, Baskin Robbins, to have hot chocolate and Strawberry frosted doughnut  for breakfast with Izzati. We talked a lot, as always, and deep down in my heart, I know I'll miss this girl after I go home for good.

While writing this, Liza is busy preparing for her trip to Colorado. She's flying with Izzati and Syafa and I hope they will take GOOD care of themselves (You know, when you're the senior, and you feel like everyone else is your baby sisters. That kind of feeling). So, Liza wont be here for spring break, and I don't have someone to tease. :(

I grow this kind of beautiful attachment to Tucson people so easily because I see them every day, or at least, every week. It's almost 4 years since I've been here and I met a lot of wonderful people that touch my life in thousand different ways, but this attachment is very scary indeed. Knowing that I'm going to leave Tucson soon, I have this bittersweet feeling but I can't cut off this bonding just like that. Well, live life to the fullest, Husna and have no regrets :)

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts