carpe diem


Morning.

Carpe diem (as I just googled) is the urge to think more on the present, and worry less on the future. Last night, I had this conversation with my girl, about how other people are getting married and all. Well, I guess jodoh is a 'taboo' among unmarried Malay girls. It's never pathetic nor sad to live alone and be single. It's not a crime, even. But what sad is how the society looks at us, the anak dara. I never feel offended when people ask me when to get married, coz I believe when it will happen, it will happen.

Once, a kakak told me, "I feel sad for people who don't have boyfriends". I never feel insulted before, but, whatever. This kind of people should be brainwashed. I mean, it's Malay we're talking about here. Mana ada benda yang sempurna in their eyes. We're judged since we're young, might as well get used to those critics before having so much expectation from these people, who don't really know and care about us.

Well, my point is, we have our own insecurities that we need to take care of, and the surrounding/environment is not helping us at all by pushing the wrong button. There are things that I want to do and dreams I want to fulfill. Also, the fact that I haven't quite found him yet, and perhaps, I'm not ready to 'enter that world' make me want to live freely first. It's lonely, I know, but life is a lonely path anyway. But, siapa yang tak nak kahwin kan? I will keep praying and meanwhile, I will try my best to live life to the fullest.

Comments

Popular Posts